gogochocobo

Go Go Chocobo!

GR refugee. Closet bookworm.

Eleanor & Park
Allegiant
Veronica Roth
Angelfall
Susan Ee
We'll Always Have Summer - Jenny Han I began reading this not knowing that it was the last installment in a
series, so I'm not entirely sure of the prior events leading up to
this book.

Belly is a sweetly naive college girl who has been with her boyfriend, Jeremiah for the last two years, after having broken up with his brother Conrad. When Jeremiah cheats on her, her entire world comes crashing down on her. In a moment of weakness and desperation, he proposes to her and she takes him back and it brings them closer than ever before. This drives a wedge between Belly and her mother, and generally causes a huge amount of upset. So, Belly is forced to carry on with everything as planned and get ready for a wedding -- without her mother's help, or her blessing. Belly's naiveté was both endearing and grating at times.

I could envision myself laying by the pool, tanning and reading this. It isn't too involved or overly complicated, and Han's writing is pretty solid and engaging. The story line is predictable, and it's pretty obvious who she's going to end up with in the end. I actually really liked Conrad a lot. Jere was kind of an inconsiderate pig and he seriously annoyed the bejesus out of me.

I think I'm going to read the first two books now. I wanna know more. =]